Friday, September 14, 2007

BLAKE'S ALBUM OF THE YEAR

ULTIMATE VICTORY
CHAMILLIONAIRE
ALBUM COMES OUT SEPTEMBER 18TH!!!



Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of Chamillionaire when he put out his last album 'The Sound Of Revenge'. I though he was just another rapper from Houston talking about the same stuff as Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Slim Thug, etc. So I wasn't expecting much to come with his sophomore album 'Ultimate Victory'. He dropped what was suppose to be his first single 'Not A Criminal feat. Kelis' that's not even on the album. I thought the song was okay, but not good enough for me to change my mind about him. When he eventually dropped official first single 'Hip Hop Police feat. Slick Rick', I was really surprised. It is very catchy song and it has a good meaning behind it. Slick Rick made the song even better, just by having and old school rapper on the track. Here's the video:

After he dropped his second single 'The Evening News', I really started liking Chamillionaire. What got to me was him talking about politics and things that the media look over. Here's the video:

Then finally when the album leaked on the internet, I was on it pretty fast. And to be honest, all the songs are rated 10 no joke. His lyrics have changed dramatically and the fact that he uses NO curse words in his WHOLE album is just amazing. He did a good job choosing the beats and just murdered them. If I was to pick 5 other songs on the album, it would be: Industry Groupie, The Bill Collecta, Won't Let You Down, The Ultimate Vacation and The Morning News. That was really hard to pick those 5 songs...that's how good the album is.

1. THE MORNING NEWS
"White man 'ballin!', black man 'starvin!'."


2. HIP HOP POLICE FEAT. SLICK RICK
"You can call me what you wanna, but I ain't a snitch."


3. STANDING OVATION

4. WON'T LET YOU DOWN FEAT. KC
"Only place that you gone be, or ever see gone be the hood."


5. INDUSTRY GROUPIE
"Heard you been messin with Ray J, you did a flick is what they. I ain't even wanna look at the tape till P. Diddy said 'Press Play'."


6. PIMP MODE FEAT. PIMP C

7. ROCK STAR FEAT. LIL' WAYNE
"I got ladies, who love my ladies. Haters who hate my haters."


8. Skit FEAT. SPANKY HAYES

9. THE BILL COLLECTA FEAT. KRAYZIE BONE
"Always wanted to be famous. Well, you gonna get what you wanted, American's Most Wanted."


10. THE ULTIMATE VACATION
"Your gunna need a pass port if you're rollin with me."


11. COME BACK TO THE STREETS

12. I THINK I LOVE YOU

13. THE EVENING NEWS
"Gas prices raises, the money keeps burnin. Drop out rate are rising so what are they learning."


14. WELCOME TO THE SOUTH FEAT. PIMP C

15. YOU MUST BE CRAZY FEAT. LIL' KEN
"I wonder if it's still called memory loss if you can't remember the last time you lost?"


16. STUCK IN THE GHETTO SKIT FEAT. TONY HENRY

17. WE BREAKIN' UP

18. ROCKY ROAD FEAT. DEVIN THE DUDE
"Take the fortune and fame and see if it's what you expected. Take the money and change and be care where you invest it."


19. THE ULTIMATE VICTORY
"this is a beat I must release therapy on."


BONUS available at BEST BUY:
1. SOMEBODY GONNA GET HURT

2. KEEP IT ON THE HUSH FEAT. LLOYD

**RATING: 11/10**

Chamillionaire interview people on "Kanye vs. 50"



***I RECOMMEND YOU ACTUALLY BUY THIS ALBUM. THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING...FOR ONCE HAHA.***

No comments: